GWZ Healthy pond carp (fish) soup with black beans ??
Pond carp is a fresh river fish that doesn’t look very appealing. However the nutritious value and health benefits of this fish is abundant. Making soup with the ingredients I’ve included in this recipe would help improve conditions of women with following problems: migraines, dizziness, feeling cold, cold hands and anemia. For men it strengthens their kidneys, in return according to the Chinese, improves the overall body health and balance in many ways.
Pond carps (fish), black beans, ginger slices, lean pork, dried tangerine skin and water
- Soak the tangerine skin until soft and scrape off some of the insides.
- In a pan or pot, toast the black beans but make sure they don’t burn.
- Pour boiling water over the pond carps to remove the slimy texture on the skin. Blanch the lean porks and rinse with tap water.
- Place all the ingredients in a pot, including the ginger slices, add water then boil.
- Let it boil with high heat for around 20 minutes, then turn to very low fire and let it boil for at least two hours with the lid on.
The soup should then have enough flavour and colour to be served．?
•PS You may choose to fry the pond carps instead of pouring hot water over them.
GWZ Fastidious and meticulous aiming for “Perfection at your palate”. Passionately homemade in Hong Kong.