A good friend bought me some high quality salt and olive oil from Denmark and told me to cook something with them. Well, to respect such a gift highly, I decided to use simple ingredients like salt and pepper, a sprinkle of mixed herbs and some olive oil to make something super simple yet extremely appetising! Also with the leftover natural juices from the clams, you can cook some vermicelli in it to end your day – perfectly! ?
Clams, mixed herbs, salt, olive oil, vermicelli
- Soak clams in brine, then rinse with tap water and leave to dry
- Steam clams for 5 minutes
- Pour olive oil over clams and add salt and pepper, and sprinkle mixed herbs
After the clams are finished, there should be a plate of soup left which vermicelli can be cooked in.
- Soak vermicelli in water until softened
- Reboil leftover juices/soup from steamed clams, add a bit of water, bring to boil and cook vermicelli
- PS Use Thai vermicelli, the one I recommend – can look back at my previous posts or ask me which one
- PPS Use high quality salt and olive oil
- PPPS Make sure not to overcook your clams. Different sized clams have different cooking times. Either way nothing should be more than 8 minutes
GWZFOOD︰西洋風味馬友魚 保存魚油豐富DHA 健康又美味
GWZFOOD： 潤肺祛燥鱷魚湯 預防氣管敏感、咳嗽
在 Instagram 查看這則貼文
GWZ Fastidious and meticulous aiming for “Perfection at your palate”. Passionately homemade in Hong Kong.