A premixed curry paste doesn’t mean you dump everything in. There’s still certain skills required to to make your dish taste and look good, so try following my instructions below and of course read the instructions too!
Marinate the chicken fillets with fish sauce, sugar, Shaoxin wine, sesame oil and pepper for at least an hour. Slice up some shallots and fry them in oil, drain and set aside.
- Cut the potato into triangular shaped pieces and fry them in oil and set aside.
- In a frying pan, pour in the curry paste and add water and chicken stock. Bring to boil, try the taste and may have to add some sugar, fish sauce and more curry powder.
- When the flavour is right, add in the potatoes and let it cook using low heat.
- In another pan, fry the chicken fillets (adding black pepper), firstly skin side down so the oil comes out then the other side, then put on the cover for 5-7 minutes until completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, cut up half an onion and place it on the plate for serving the curry dish. Take out the chicken, slice them and place on top of the onion, now pour the curry sauce including the potatoes on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the fried shallots on top and serve with plain rice or bread. 🍛 🍚 🥖
- PS Chicken fillets and potatoes must be fried before placing into the curry sauce. Otherwise they will break apart very easily.
- PPS Packeted curry pastes does not mean you merely put all ingredients in together, it still requires adequate cooking procedures to make the dish taste good.
GWZ Fastidious and meticulous aiming for “Perfection at your palate”. Passionately homemade in Hong Kong.
在 Instagram 查看這則貼文