As people are becoming increasingly health conscious these days and because of certain allergies and being worried about the side effects of genetically modified grains, going gluten free seems inevitable. So let’s try out this gluten free penne and sirloin recipe for you healthy ones!
Sirloin steak, gluten free pasta, pesto sauce, butter, olive oil, rosemary, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper
- Boil a pan of water adding a generous amount of salt and some olive oil for cooking the pasta.
- Season the sirloin steaks with salt and pepper and fry in a separate frying pan using olive oil and butter.
- With high heat sear both sides of the steak. Turn to medium heat, add some rosemary and oregano and using a spoon pour the oil and herbs on the surface of the steak whilst the other side is frying. Repeat the same process after flipping the steak.
- Fry until your preference (be it medium rare, medium or well done), and take out to rest on a plate for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta, drain it then mix with pesto sauce and season with some black pepper.
- You may choose to add some oil remains from frying the steak to the pasta and then stir together.
- Plate the pasta and steak together, add a dash of mustard on the side and serve!
- PS gluten free pasta does not have the elasticity of normal pasta so do not cook it as long and do not leave it in the colander either because it will become soggy
- PPS Steaks must be rested before serving, because the juices have to be absorbed back into the meat
GWZ Fastidious and meticulous aiming for “Perfection at your palate”. Passionately homemade in Hong Kong.